Aircraft Architecture Films National Geographic Photography Politics Technology TV


Monday 5 March 2012

A Little Intro

Hi, I'm Selby. I'm 36, I'm a computer hardware engineer and I live in London. How did I end up starting a blog? Let's just say I'm a dude with a lot of opinions and I want to share :) So now, when I'm trying to figure out what category this blog will fall into...I'm having trouble. I'm one of those people who is into a LOT of things. I guess this blog will be a place for me to post about my passions of the moment which usually revolve around: aircraft, architecture, films, National Geographic, photography, politics, technology, TV. 

Since I'm new to this, I figured I'd start by talking about the movie I just finished watching, The Kingdom. I guess I should tell you that this isn't the first time I've seen it. Since it was released 5 years ago, I've watched it at least 6 or 7 times and I'm yet to be bored by it. I think it's a great movie, an intense gripping portrayal of the aftermath of 9/11. It takes you into the minds of the people directly affected by this atrocious attack on America, but also the world. The choice of actors was excellent Jamie Foxx, Chris Cooper, Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman, Ashraf Barhom. Each of them very famous but also likeable and each good actors in their own right. Ashraf Barhom was the only one who I was not familiar with but his performance in this movie was impressive.



The movie is very realistic. That is perhaps what I love the most about it. It's almost a documentary in it's informative nature and non-fiction style. It gives insight into the realities of the wars and conflicts we hear about on the news everyday - the suffering on each side of the divide. It would have been easy for the Director to tell the story from the Western point of view, but I was pretty impressed by the angle he took in documenting the 9/11 aftermath. Rather than showing a bunch of super soldiers go in an destroy the enemy, he told the story through normal but experienced investigators who did not use force but worked with the locals in order to reach a solution. Its a must see movie for those who have not already seen it and I would definitely recommend this as an addition to your DVD collection.

Selby

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.Hypersmash.com Blog Pinger