Aircraft Architecture Films National Geographic Photography Politics Technology TV


Tuesday 6 March 2012

Emergency Phone Charger

Guys, I just found a must-have app for your smart phones - Solar Charger. Installed it on my Samsung Galaxy S2 and my Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc and the app seems to be working well so far. This will come in handy on those unplanned trips I take when I haven't charged my phone adequately and when I've forgotten my extra battery and portable charger. This app does what it says. Stick your phone under a light or in the sunlight and it'll charge your phone. The app works in good light - it will work with the main light in a room or even a small lamp is sufficient. I love it. Can't get over the ingenuity. This is the kind of 'green' I can get on board with....energy bulbs, not so much (they take so frickin' long to come on and when they do, they give so little light you may as well have lit a candle). However, I have read several reviews on this app which testify to quick results. I don't totally agree with them yet. My phones aren't charging as fast as they say. But it's something everyone should try. Don't get me wrong, I am not going to get rid of my extra battery charger any time soon.




It's taking an awfully long time to reach full charge. 
Would be nice to know what everyone else thinks...     


Emergency Charger by selbizs
Emergency Charger, a photo by selbizs on Flickr.


Got that charger for £4.50 and it's worth every penny. Very useful for the price. But you really have to shop around. This could easily cost you more than what I paid. You can get them in a variety of colours to suit your taste and it's compatible with almost every phone on the market today.

The charge time is the same as what you get with your original phone charger and its longevity will depend on what AA battery you put in the device. Its pretty good for the price. The links below takes you where i got mine. The price may vary! Here's where I got mine - link 1 and link 2.

Let me know what you think if you've already got one of these or if you end up trying it out.

Selby

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.Hypersmash.com Blog Pinger